In the annual Best of Taste competition, the judging panel of local celebrities, foodies and the epicurious named the Crab & Shrimp Dumpling with Noodle from Arloi Dee Thai Bistro as the Best Damn Dish.
The competition, part of the Taste of Cincinnati festival held Memorial Day weekend, drew more than 80 dishes. The festival itself features 40 area restaurants and more than 75 entertainment acts, drawing approximately 500,000 people over the three days.
ZZ’s Pizza Company and du jours (the owners of the former Courtyard Café) each won three awards.
• Best: Strasse Haus, Fried Peanut Butter & Jelly
• Excellence: LaRosa’s, Spinach Rondo
• Merit: Market Street Grille, Stuffed Chicken Amore
• Best: du jours/Courtyard Café, Hunter’s Home Turkey Chili
• Excellence: ZZ’s Pizza Company, Caprese Salad
• Merit: City Barbeque, Gumbo
• Best: Arloi Dee Thai Bistro, Crab & Shrimp Dumpling with Noodle
• Excellence: ZZ’s Pizza Company, Seafood Pizza
• Merit: Mahagony’s, Shrimp and Grits
• Best: Andy’s Mediterranean Grille, Gyro Wrap
• Excellence: Claddagh Irish Pub, Jameson Burger
• Merit: Lazlo’s Iron Skillet, Walking Chicken Saltimbocca
• Best: du jours/Courtyard Café, Black Bean Burrito
• Excellence: J. Gumbo’s, Bumblebee Stew
• Merit: LaRosa’s, Skinny Wheat Pizza
• Best: ZZ’s Pizza Company, Banana Cream Pie
• Excellence: du jour’s/Courtyard Café, Raspberry Cloud Pie
• Merit: Claddagh Irish Pub, Bread Pudding